BS Computer Science
Affiliated with the University of the Punjab University, the BS Computer Sciences program spans over 8 semesters and covers 130 plus credit hours in four years. The motive of the program is to meet the need of the job market as a Programmer, Software Engineers, IT Administrators, entrepreneurs, Academic Professionals, etc. managers in the area of Computer Sciences. The prime emphasis is laid on raising the standard of education and improving the personality of the graduates. The whole package consists of 44 different courses with the two months’ compulsory IT attachment to furnish the graduates with practical exposure.
BS Computer Sciences Specialization i.e.
- Web Developer
- Entrepreneur, academic professionals
- Software Engineering
- Intermediate with Mathematics & Physics.
- Intermediate with Mathematics & Computer sciences.
- Intermediate with Mathematics & Statistics.
- F.Sc Pre-Medical.
- At least 60% marks in DAE in a relevant discipline
WHY BS Computer Sciences?
The Bachelor of Science in BSCS is the first professional degree aimed at producing the undergraduates for the job market as a Programmer, Web Developer, Software Engineers, IT Administrators, entrepreneur, academic professionals, etc. This program is tailored to introduce, prepare, develop, and ingrain the understanding and discipline of computing in students. We offer market-oriented HEC approved courses, as indicated in the program course description, to achieve the objective of producing highly talented computer professionals. Our program inculcates in the students the problem-solving abilities for the industry and government sectors. It enables students to analyze real-life problems and transform them into a suitable abstract model, design an optimal algorithm, and successfully implement them.
The primary objective of the BSCS program is to produce well-renowned graduates with
- A strong foundation in theoretical concepts in computing.
- The ability to apply these concepts to provide computer based solutions for problems involving intricate algorithms.
- The skills to design and implement complex software using multiple programming technologies under different operating systems and backend technologies.
- Strong academic preparation to pursue careers the local and international CS industry.
- Been prepared for the rigor of graduate studies in computing.
- Can communicate effectively.
- Been enabled for continuing education through formal or informal methods.